The racing season has begun. And Austin has a new facility to host it. Welcome to Circuit Of The Americas, or COTA!
My first ever car race…and what an exhilarating experience: watching the Grand Am from turn 1!
My favorite impressions were:
- The size and scope of the grounds. I could see it being used as a venue for a large music festival.
- The size of it also meant LOTS of walking. Wear comfortable shoes!
- From up in the stands, you can see large parts of the whole track. This view reminded me of a life-size Matchbox race track!
- The alcoholic drinks are ridiculously expensive…I paid $20 for two draft beers! After that, I didn’t even bother to check out the cost for food!
- The difference in one’s perspective of the speed at which these cars travel, as experienced from up in the stands versus from on the grassy knoll alongside the track or one of the bridges over the track.
- I have always liked race cars, for their design as well as for their colors. I like them so much better in real life.
- The noise level is intense! Ear protection is a good thing, particularly if you intend to see Formula 1. Lots of kids and adults running around with ear plugs, etc.
The rest is best shared in images….
© 2010-2013 Kimberly Yoss. All rights reserved. No part of this online publication may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form or by any means, without the prior approval from Kimberly Yoss.